The California Highway Patrolman’s Club of Kern County was established many decades ago with a community goal for the residents of our county. With well over one hundred members consisting of active and retired law enforcement officers, we support many local charitable organizations and seek to sow seeds of support for those in need. Additionally, in times of hardship, we assist the men and women of the law enforcement community who bravely provide safety and service to the public.
Throughout the year, our members participate in fund raisers to provide the monetary means which, in turn, allow our association to contribute back to the community. We ourselves are a charitable, nonprofit organization under IRS Code 501(c)(4).
Thank you for choosing the California Highway Patrolman’s Club of Kern County (A.K.A. The 420 Club) for your weddings, birthdays, and company functions. The hall is located at 3910 Alfred Harrell Highway, Bakersfield, CA 93308. The hall is 4000 square feet, which includes a 2000 square feet banquet room, a bar, kitchen, and men’s/women’s restrooms.
The Banquet room is 40 feet by 50 feet with 10 feet vaulted ceilings and seats 200 people. The walls are painted with a tan over brown color scheme and a white chair rail to separate the colors. The ceilings are white acoustic tiles with six brushed nickel ceiling fans with lights and eight fluorescent light fixtures. The fluorescent lighting and the ceiling fans are operated on their own individual switches for that custom lighting effect. There are twenty-five 8 feet by 3 feet tables and approximately 160 chairs for use by the renter.
The bar is a separate room with a sink and countertop for serving your beverages. There is a paper towel dispenser located at the sink for your use. There are four ceiling fans with lights and two overhead light fixtures.
The beer taps and beer box are not for use by renters.
The kitchen has a large side by side commercial refrigerator, microwave, and a commercial gas stove/oven. There is also a stainless steel countertop with a built in double sink for your food preparation needs. There is a paper towel dispenser located at the sink for you use. For your safety and sanitation the floor has been coated with a nonslip epoxy.
The exterior consists of a large concrete patio and a beautiful gazebo which is perfect for a wedding ceremony. The gazebo is approximately 12 feet by 12 feet and white in color. Located on the back patio are a large barbeque and an additional bar. There is a large asphalt parking lot which holds up to 70 vehicles plus the adjacent street parking.
There is a fully function shooting range located on the property which is contracted for use Monday through Friday by law enforcement agencies. The range is not to be used by the renter and will be closed during a scheduled rental event. If you rent midweek the range will be closed for the duration of your rental.
The hall currently rents for full day rentals only. A full day rental is $1000. A $300 deposit, which is nonrefundable, is required to hold your date. This $300 deposit goes towards the rental fee. An additional $500 refundable cleaning/damage deposit is also required ($1,500 total). A refund will be given after inspection of the hall. Any amount of graffiti or vandalism will result in loss of entire deposit.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS
Those of us who manage the hall are volunteers and only show the hall in person on Friday mornings from 9am to 11am. We accept donations such as cash or excess inventory to be used for raffle prizes at our functions or to benefit the families of law enforcement personnel who are in need. We are a nonprofit corporation, however, your donation is not tax deductible but greatly appreciated.
The California Highway Patrolman’s Club of Kern County was incorporated as a non-profit corporation (Corporate # C0313255) back in 1955. The purpose for which this corporation was formed is as follows:
1. To promote and encourage the participation of its members in training, athletic and social activities for the purpose of increasing their efficiency, building moral and creating mutual understanding among its members and towards the State of California and the Department of the California Highway Patrol; to stimulate stronger and closer cooperation between members and their superiors in the performance of their duties; and to render charitable assistance to persons in need.
2. To enter into, make, perform and carry out the contracts of every kind and for every lawful purpose, without limit as to amount, with any person, firm, association, corporation, state, municipality or government, or any sub-division, agency, or department thereof.
3. To purchase or otherwise acquire, own, hold, lease, sell, exchange, design, transfer, mortgage, pledge or otherwise dispose of, to guarantee, and to invest, trade and deal in and with personal property of every class description and with real property, and any and all interest therein.
4. To borrow money without limitation as to amount of corporate indebtedness or liability, and for that purpose to hypothecate as security therefore the property of the corporation.
5. To lend money, and to take and hold security therefore insofar as permitted by the laws of the State of California.
6. To do any and all such other acts and things incidental, convenient, supplemental, auxiliary, or expedient to the accomplishment of the objects and purposes set forth herein, or calculated, indirectly or directly, to promote the interest of the corporation, and to engage in any and all other lawful activities, except such as are inconsistent with the express provisions of this article and the laws governing nonprofit corporations.
This corporation is one which does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit to the members thereof. A portion of our proceeds are donated to law enforcement related and other charities.
The range keys are replaced in January every year. In order to purchase your new key, you must come by the club on Friday mornings from 9 am - 11 am. The range keys are strictly for MEMBERS ONLY! (Current 420 officers and 420 retirees) Retirees, you MUST bring your retiree ID in order to purchase a key.